Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Memorial weekend!


I have always enjoyed Memorial Day weekend, but I will be honest it just isn't the same anymore.
I have great memories as a kid arriving at my Grandma Wards house with mason jars all lined up. I would find her cutting all her flowers that she work so hard on and took care of. Leaving only a few flowers left for herself. She would place all the flowers in the jars and my job was to fill them up with water. We then spent hours decorating the family members graves and the cousins and I would pick what one we liked the best. Without fail we all picked the bench that we thought for sure Elvis was burried.Then to end the long morning run we would have a big BBQ outside on the lawn. Family, extended family and friends would stop and visit and eat. Those are the memories I have of Memorial Day. As I get older I truly am grateful that I got to have these experiences. Secretly I wish we still did this tradition.....

None the less with that memory we still had a great weekend!
Friday we went up to Left Hand and went to the campsite with Jay and Tammie. They go up every year with friends and family to just enjoy the break and each other. We really wanted to stay and camp but Chet has to work the rest of the weekend. So we just went up and had dinner and then hung out by the fire. It was a lot of fun to see everyone!!!

 Saturday- Monday Chet had to at least be 10-15 mins to the shop cause he was on call. So we couldn't really go and do anything poor kid had to stay home and just wait.

 Saturday morning I went shopping with my sister and her kids. Later in the day I went over to Grandma Olsen's house and visited with her and played a card game. Chet came by to have dinner with us and then joined in and played a game with us. She was so close to winning and Chet came from behind and won it all. Lets just say she wasn't to thrilled to lose again to Chet. I'm glad we got to go over and spend sometime with her. We sure do love that woman....




Sunday after church we  went to my parents for alyse's birthday dinner. Poor Chet could hardly eat
his whole meal before he was called to go on a tow :( We hung around and visited then I went up to Malad to go decorate graves with my family. It was nice to go this year and help make all them so pretty!

 


After we stopped to see my uncle Steve and aunt Cindy. They are remodeling their kitchen and it looks so good!! We didn't stay to long cause it was starting to get late.

Monday Chet and I were super lazy! We really didn't do to much but just hang out at the house. Later on we went and got lunch and then Chet was gone the whole rest of the night... It sure was a great weekend and I can't help but to think of all those family members we have had pass away. We sure are lucky to have such sweet angels looking over us. I wish I could of met some but I'm sure glad of the knowledge I have that I will someday! 

*not pictured Larry, and grandma McClary*

No comments:

Post a Comment