Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Visit from the Christensen's


I'm loving all the visitors we have been having for the last few weeks..... This one trumps them all though :) my sister Katie, Dan and Emelia came to Utah for 2 weeks from New Hampshire!! The first week they spent with Dan's family and then we got them for the next week.

We had a ton of things going on while they were here

Wednesday:
 They got to Logan in the afternoon so after work we came over to say hi and had a big family dinner. Later that night Jake and Alyse kept the gender of baby weeks a secret for a whole week so we could have a reveal party with Katie and Dan. We thought that way Katie would feel like she was apart of a party since she will miss the shower. So to start off the party we had everyone take a guess of what they thought baby was.... Most everyone picked BOY.



Then I decided to do a baby shower game since guys don't go to showers. We played feed my baby! Each partnership is blindfolded and one has to feed the other..... It was pretty funny and I didn't do so well with feeding Chet! 



I love this picture it makes me laugh everytime I see it :)

Then we read a whole bunch of old wise tales people use to see what they are having... they were all spot on... Then Jake and Alyse made these scratch cards to reveal what they were having, Alyse was tricky and made all the circles green and only one person had that it was a BOY!!!  It was a lot if fun and can't wait to see the little guy.



Thursday:
   Everyone had to work so we met up after for dinner and had another family dinner all together. Me and Bryce took the little kids on a walk around the neighborhood. 


 
Landon was pretty upset that we stopped when he wanted keep going!
 

Then the boys went off to go boating at Hyrum Dam. They all got to get in the water and wake board. Chet had a blast with all the guys! Me, my mom, sisters and the kids all went around to see places we could take family pictures for Sunday. We then just visited till the boys got home.


Friday:
  I spent the morning just hanging out and playing with the kids outside.. They went up the canyon that afternoon and were had tin foil dinner. Chet's grandma was in town so we decided to go visit with her instead. Tammie and Jay had dinner made for us and then spent the rest of the night we chatted and played cards till way late. I'm glad we got to spend sometime with Grandma Haddie!



Saturday:
  The guys went on a hike and the girls went shopping but Chet wanted to go shopping for a new shirt for pictures. It's not very often he wants to shop so I took advantage of going shopping with Chet. We actually ran into my sisters and mom shopping so we shopped a little with them. Chet was pooped from all our shopping and fell asleep.
 

While Chet was sleeping I took the time to finnish up Emelia's E. I made for her so she could take it back with her. I love how it turned out!!! 


That night we went to see Jake and Alyse's land in Paradise and have a fire. The fire was so big and way to hot but it was fun with family.







Sunday:
  We went to my parents ward and then later had a dinner out and Cambira and Dales House. We all brought something to go with the chicken Cambria made for everyone. We had sometime before family pictures so everyone did their own thing. Stella wanted to take pictures with me and just giggled the whole time 


We then got ready for pictures..... I can't wait to see how they turned out!! We went back and had frozen yogurt pies which I made my myself. They were way easy to make and pretty sure they will be made again soon! We said good bye to Katie, Dan, and Emelia cause their flight left at 6am the next morning. It was fun to have the whole family back together again. Thanks Christensen's for visiting!!!



1 comment:

  1. So fun! I am honored to have a whole post about our visit :). We had a blast too and can't wait until the next trip!

    ReplyDelete